Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day Two

Hello! Day Two!

I've survived day two of Dating Detox. I did not concern myself with any dating quandaries. I started the day experiencing the universe's best kept secret: getting up early in the morning and strolling to work. I sat on a brownstone stoop for a bit taking in the morning. MY morning. I gave myself the minutes, wasn't on the clock, workin' for da man yet, and so they were mine. And it felt like a gift I unwrapped slowly and peacefully, only I was in the giftbox! It was me in the box! Once I stepped out, I could take the time to enjoy what felt like our first real spring morning. I took in a few big breaths (as big as you can in NYC), they're all a bit more shallow than the ones you can take by the sea, but I took 'em in nonetheless. I got present, is what I did! I didn't think about yesterday or tomorrow. I thought about this morning, this moment.

Today I learned that I got into a fitness program at one of NYC's best gyms that entitles me to a free month membership! In order to maintain the priviledge, I have to take three Intense Sati classes a week. So, with regards to my commitment to my body, here it goes!!! And I'm thrilled to have this opportunity!

On the brain today were a few things: joining a book club, getting a bike and the apartment sprucing I have yet to complete.

I'm in a Dunkin' Donuts now since my computer is in the shop and have an important phonecall this evening with a very good friend sooooo......gotta run!!!

Ephemerally Yours,

The Dating Detox Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment