Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day One

Hello Friends,

And if you are in fact my friend, this blog stays a secret to my Eternally-Concerned Jewish Mother. Caps. Yes, she's earned them, by means of over-imposed guilt. If cars could run on guilt, and her particularly potent brand, we'd have all of our environmental issues solved. While my mother could perceive this dating desert (oy, 90 days and 90 nights), as a gestating trimester wasted, I see it as an opportunity to achieve pure-and-unadulterated Michelleness.

With that said, I am embarking on a new journey today! MY life! Today is Day One of Dating Detox. I've self-matriculated into a 90-day program where I am all about ME: exercise, healthy eating, focusing on my singing goals, my apartment and some travel, and most importantly practicing compassion in all scenarios. There is nothing that will have the power to move me to anger or pain in the next 90 days, because I have faith in my own personal power over anything/anyone else's perceived power. Needless to say, I'm boycotting the online dating sites during this period. 57 year-old "MiketheMasseuse" from Tempe, Arizona, you'll just have to wait, even though we both love flea markets.

With this detox plan, I aim to experience my life fully in real time, as well as hone my personal visions without distractions from men. From today until day 90, the men I encounter are all innocuous (as they should always be), as innocuous as domestic pets, pet fish, puppies, sea monkeys and the like.

I feel free as a bird!!! It's my virtual ride in a hot pink convertible on an endless freeway, no exit signs in sight, just an open sky and a beautiful bright horizon made of edible chocolate that I can smell from my car...and no matter how hard the wind blows, my make-up and hair are fixed in perfect place!

We now interrupt this program to mention an insanely precious moment:

Last night, my 2 year old niece, Hannah, wrapped herself in long beaded necklaces, dragging them on the floor behind her. She kept looking back as they dragged saying, "C'mon guys, Let's go!" She thinks the little beads are her buddies!!!

And the day goes on.....to report Day One: Part Deux later tonight on a begged for, borrowed or stolen computer, as mine is in the shop...pain in my cyber-ass...kidding, OF COURSE, as compassion is the new way!

Ephemerally yours,

The Dating Detox Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment