Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day Five

Hello,

I'm not going to fib on on my blog. That would be a real flog. Truth is, I'm feeling very bluesy. Like post-date-'em depression. Been feeling a numbness all weekend. A friend gave me an insight I appreciate. She says the numbness is a way of masking pain and that beneath it there is anger and sadness. She implored me to feel the sadness I feel. I was so bent on picking up and moving on from my most recent relationship. Believed I could actually snap into "he-just- wasn't-the-one" mode, take a yoga class and experience the gush of wind from the proverbial door that was going to magically open for me just because I want it to. Picking up and moving on is not a glamourous strut down a quaint New York block in an episode of Sex in the City. It's a foggy, hazy dragging feeling where you feel like you're leaving visible dust of weary tracks in your path, much like Pig Pen in the Peanuts.

I saw Hannah, My Happiness today. And for her, I'm grateful.

Ephemerally Yours,

The Dating Detox Fox

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully expressed. Especially from a Dunkin Donuts computer. :) Love u Detox Fox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup - the only way out is through.

    ReplyDelete